In recent years, PYTHON has grown in importance for the areas of numeric simulation and scientific computing. PYTHON is used in a variety of projects (e.g. Numpy, Scipy, Matplotlib), as a scripting language in finite element codes, as a system language in Linux and in web development (e.g. Django).
In the course
PYTHON: Fundamental Concepts at TU Graz you will learn the basics that you need to work successfully with PYTHON. You can apply what you learn anywhere and without additional costs, because all of the software used is free.
- You will learn the essentials of working with PYTHON (PYTHON 3):
- Simple data types, containers
- Imperative aspects: control structures (if, for, while), functions
- Object-oriented aspects: classes, objects, methods
- In/output, file handling
- Brief overview of
- Pandas, excel-manipulation (xlsxwriter, openpyxl), DateTime…
- Plots (matplotlib)
- advanced (os, sys, filedialog (tkinter), nptdms…)
- You will develop realistic and meaningful examples.
- You will learn to use the possibilities of various features of PYTHON.
- Experts from research and development who want to use PYTHON in their work
- Software developers and other people who are interested in learning the basics of programming in PYTHON
To participate in this course, you do not have to satisfy any special criteria.