C# is one of the most widely used programming languages in the world and is applied in a whole host of different areas, e.g. game development and web development, for classic desktop applications or mobile apps on smartphones. Microsoft’s comprehensive .NET-Framework is constantly expanded by a large number of libraries, frameworks and tools. In recent years, its compatibility with other operating systems, .NET-Core and Mono, has also been hugely promoted.
In the course
C# Fundamentals at TU Graz, you will learn about the basics of working successfully with C# and .NET Framework. Moreover, special emphasis will be put on teaching troubleshooting strategies to enable course participants to get the most out of their respective working environments.
- Fundamentals of .NET and C#
- Development environment – Visual Studio
- Debugging programmes
- Syntax and language concepts of C#
- Control structures: if, for, while, switch
- Data types: value types, reference types; int, float, double, string, DateTime, object
- Object-oriented programming: classes, methods, properties, inheritance, encapsulation, overloading
- Data retrieval with LINQ & Lambdas
- Input / output
- User input
- Reading and writing files
- Web requests / web services
- Graphical User Interface
- Classic Windows forms
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF)
- Web pages (ASP.NET)
- Specialists wishing to use C# in their professional working environment
Course participants are required to have basic programming knowledge.