Senior Scientist (post doc) at the Institute of Biomedical Informatics
40h/week, presumably starting 01 July 2020.
- Relevant doctorate in the field of bioinformatics
- At least 3 years of professional experience in a research-related environment
- Very good knowledge of English
- Scientific qualification in the field of bioinformatics with focus on "lipidomics" and "metabolomics" - proven by peer-reviewed publications and third-party funding
- Readiness for further education especially within the framework of the offers of Graz University of Technology
- Willingness to further develop research and teaching at the institute, experience and methodological knowledge in the research area "Lipidomics" and "Metabolomics", administration and implementation as well as scientific supervision of research projects
- experience and methodological knowledge in the management and processing of general high-throughput "omics" data and in the development of databases and ready-to-use software for their analysis
- Experience with UNIX computer systems, their configuration and application in bioinformatics.
- Didactic aptitude and experience for independent teaching in bioinformatics, especially for engineering students
- Willingness to teach courses in the Bachelor and Master programme Biomedical Engineering
- Organisational skills
- Independent research work in the field of bioinformatics with a focus on lipidomics and metabolomics
- Participation in teaching (independent organization and execution of courses as well as preparation and holding of examinations, supervision of students as well as preparation and correction of written examinations for courses of the institute, supervision of examinations, co-supervision of final theses).
- Participation in the fulfilment of research tasks in the field of work and acquisition of research projects and third-party funds.
- Training and further education (participation in congresses and conferences, further education).
- Administrative tasks (administrative and organisational tasks in teaching and research).
- Cooperation in evaluation measures.
B 1 under the collective agreement for university employees; the monthly minimum remuneration for this use is currently € 3.889,50 gross (14 times per year, including social and health insurance) and may possibly be increased on the basis of the provisions of the collective bargaining agreement by taking into account previous experience specific to the job as well as other remuneration components associated with the special features of the job.
Applications, curriculum vitae and other documents should preferably be sent electronically to email@example.com with a precise description of the position or the reference number and must be received by the end of the application period at the latest.
Application deadline: 27 May 2020
Reference number: 7200/20/011