The Kopernikusgasse, Petersgasse, Stremayrgasse and Steyrergasse buildings: although TU Graz’s Campus Neue Technik is a fairly extensive site, it is quite easy to find your way around. TU Graz Rooftop cafeteria and M-Café are both in the biomedical engineering building (BMT) at Stremayrgasse 16, on the fifth and ground floors respectively.
M-Café: drinks and snacks on the ground floor
The self-service M-Café is conveniently located right next to the open-plan study area on the ground floor and offers a selection of breakfasts, sandwiches, muffins, pre-packed sweets, warm snacks – including toasted sandwiches, panini and hot dogs – as well as hot and cold drinks. If the weather is nice, you can take a break in the fresh air at one of the tables outside.
TU Graz Rooftop cafeteria: spectacular views
You might have to queue for a while at lunchtime, but the light, spacious interiors and large terrace with views over the roofs of Graz extending all the way to the mountains are certainly worth the wait.
Breathtaking view of Graz from the rooftop terrace at TU Graz’s Campus Neue Technik.
If you fancy a burger (and can find the burger counter tucked away in the corner ), you can put together your own “Pimp it” meat or veggie burger. Our vegan and gluten-free taste testers went for the “hearty jacket potatoes” served on an eye-catching, colourful mixed salad. The range of salads and desserts at TU Graz Rooftop has something for everyone. Lunch is served from 11am-2pm and prices start at just under EUR 5. You can get additional discounts on the already very reasonably priced food by signing up for the new Mensa Club loyalty scheme, which was introduced in the 2018/19 winter semester: students, university staff and members of the public qualify for vouchers by collecting over 100 “coins” from their purchases.
In this series, TU Graz’s News+Stories team gives you the low-down on the food and drink options at the university’s Campus Alte Technik, Campus Neue Technik and Inffeldgasse sites – covering everything from the catering providers to the vending machines. You will find part one, focusing on Campus Alte Technik, here.
Plenty of vending machines
You won’t have to go very far to find a snack or drink at Campus Neue Technik, even if you are not inside the BMT building:
- Kopernikusgasse 24: cold drinks machine (for4you), hot drinks machine (Dallmayr coffee), snack machine with filled rolls, vending machine with milk drinks (Veit Milch)
- Stremayrgasse 9: cold drinks machine, hot drinks machine (Dallmayr coffee)
- Stremayrgasse 10: cold drinks machine
- Petersgasse 12: cold drinks machine (for4you), hot drinks machine (Dallmayr coffee)
- Petersgasse 16: cold drinks machine (for4you), hot drinks machine (Dallmayr coffee), vending machine with milk drinks (Veit Milch), snack machine (For 4 you)
- Petersgasse 14: cold drinks machine (for4you)
- Stremayrgasse 30: cold drinks machine (for4you), hot drinks machine (Dallmayr coffee)