The fascination of space – as a student of the master’s degree programme in Space Sciences and Earth from Space, you benefit from the expertise of many institutions in Graz: TU Graz, the University of Graz, the Space Research Institute of the Austrian Academy of Sciences and Joanneum Research teach and research jointly in the field of space sciences and technologies.
- You understand the fundamental connections in space sciences.
- You apply methods and models of space sciences.
- You review and improve methods and technologies you have learnt, solve problems and carry out scientific investigations.
- You develop numerical modelling (mathematical models) and interpret natural phenomena.
- You plan, structure and carry out research projects in your specialist field: You can present and defend information obtained, ideas, problems and solutions to both colleagues and laypeople.
- You are aware of possible ethical, social, economic, environmental and safety-related effects of your discipline.
- You work on current research projects, which provide you with state-of-the-art training.
3 Specialisation subjecs
Solar System Physics
- Physics of the solar system, the planets and their interaction with the solar wind and solar flares (space weather)
- Insights into the field of space plasma physics
- Satellite communications and navigation with applications in disaster control and crisis management, telemedicine and telelearning
Earth System from Space
- Observing the components of the earth system (solid earth, oceans, bodies of ice, atmosphere, etc.) using modern satellite technologies
- Physical description and numerical modelling of these components