At the Doctoral School of Chemical and Process Engineering at TU Graz, you will be given in-depth academic training in chemical and process engineering. Depending on the subject of your dissertation, you will complete either a doctoral programme in engineering sciences or a doctoral programme in natural sciences. You will undertake theoretical or practical research in an area of chemical and process engineering and share your experiences with both the scientific community at the doctoral school and researchers at other institutions.
- You undertake independent research on a high scientific level – focussing on basic research and practical application.
- You acquire in-depth knowledge of chemical or process technology.
- You elaborate and publish research results.
- You participate in international scientific events.
- You regularly discuss progress and the results of your dissertation with your supervisor and the community.
Theoretical fields of expertise
- Process engineering fundamentals: mass, energy and momentum transfer , chemical engineering thermodynamics, chemical reaction engineering, mechanical process engineering, particle process technology, mass transfer unit operations, and paper, pulp and fibre technology
- Systems engineering
- Process simulation
- Process dynamics
Application oriented research areas
- Chemical process technology
- Pharmaceutical process technology
- Paper, pulp and fibre technology
- Environmental technology
- Energy technology and biotechnology
- Renewables; products and processes