The driving simulator is an in-house development with a focus on development and testing of human-machine interfaces in the vehicle. It forms an important basis in the development process of driver assistance systems and automated driving functions.
- Use of a full vehicle (Mini Countryman)
- Driving simulation of own vehicle and other vehicles by the driving dynamics package VSM of the company AVL List GmbH
- Naked-Eye Stereoscopic Display through 180 ° parallax barriers.
- Simulation over high-intensity large format displays (done by the Fraunhofer Austria Research GmbH).
- Vehicle interior noise simulation involving the engine noise of ego and other vehicles, as well as other stationary and moving external noise sources (done by AVL List GmbH).
- High-quality steering feel via actuators of the company STW Technology LTD
- Brake pedal force feedback simulation applying linear servomotors
- Gear shift force feedback simulation applying linear servomotors
- A motion platform has been considered in the concept and will be implemented in a second phase.
Purposes and facilities of the driving simulator:
- Testing two main factor of driver assistance systems such as acceptance and handling based on parameters such as gender and age
- Driver behavior analysis
- Testing of operating concepts Human-machine interface
- Correlation of subjective and objective assessment of driver assistance systems
Further development of the existing prototype is supported by a FEMtech research project from the talent program of the Austrian Research Promotion Agency FFG (www.ffg.at
), with the support of the Federal Ministry of Transport, Innovation and Technology (www.bmvit.gv.at