Students who choose to study abroad are entering uncharted territory in many ways, especially under the conditions of a global pandemic. Nevertheless, in the 2020/21 academic year, 114 students of Graz University of Technology (TU Graz) have decided to go abroad for a semester or a whole academic year through a mobility programme.
If you are still unsure or do not know how to put a stay abroad into effect, the annual "Study Abroad Fair" at TU Graz helps students of TU Graz and – in the framework of NAWI Graz – students of the University of Graz to find their way. But first things first: the staff at the International Office – Welcome Center at TU Graz are aware of the challenges students face when planning their stay and generally advise the following preparations:
Plan your study stay abroad – six tips
- If you are still unsure, benefit from the experiences of others. Stories about this can be found in the "International Blog" of TU Graz.
- Get information about which mobility programmes are available, for example at the Study Abroad Fair and/or on the website "Studying Abroad".
- Determine the specific requirements of the chosen programme.
- Collect the required number of ECTS credits. How many there are depends on the programme.
- Make sure you have a good Grade Point Average (it helps anyway).
- No double applications (i.e. don’t apply twice). Avoid nominating yourself for several programmes in the same time period.
At the Study Abroad Fair of TU Graz, separate units on all mobility programmes are offered in addition to a general presentation of the different mobility programmes. Students also have the opportunity to ask questions of the responsible programme coordinators of the International Office – Welcome Center and to receive individual information about stays abroad.
Outline of all mobility programmes
- Erasmus+ student mobility for studies & student traineeships
- Chemistry summer programme
- CEEPUS - Central European Exchange Programme for University Studies
- Double degree programme at the University of Ljubljana
- Double degree programme at Politecnico di Milano
- OverSEAs Programme
- ISEP - International Student Exchange Programme
- Erasmus+ International Credit Mobility
- City College of New York Summer Program
- College of Engineering of Wayne State University Summer Program
- Summer Schools and Academic Courses Abroad
- Research Abroad Scholarship
- Placement/ internship grant
- Double degree programme at TongjiTongji University
- Joint Doctoral Programme in Visual Computing at Nanyang Technological University
- Marshall Plan Scholarship
- Montclair State University – Scholarship of the City of Graz
- Joint courses with international universities
- Freemover Programme
Study Abroad Fair 2021 – Programme
- 10:00 am: Welcome and Presentation
Mobility Programmes and Grants of TU Graz (English)
- 11:00 am: The Students' Perspective – Success stories and reports from former outgoing students
Question & Answer Sessions
- 11:45 am: Erasmus+ student mobility for studies, Erasmus+ student traineeships
- 12:15 pm: Marshall Plan Scholarship, Summer Schools, CEEPUS, Best of South East
- 12:45 pm: ISEP, Double Degree Programmes, Joint PhD Programme, Erasmus+ International Credit Mobility
- 13:15 pm: Break
- 13:45 pm: Research Abroad, Summer Schools and Academic Courses Abroad, Subsidies for traineeships, Joint courses with international universities, Freemover Programme
- 14:15 pm: OverSEAs Programme, Scholarship from the Montclair State University
- Student organisations
15:00 pm: AIESEC
15.15 pm: IAESTE