20 - 40 hours/week.
We are seeking a highly motivated and ambitious candidate with a strong background in computer science. Based in the HRSM Project ‘Integrated Datamanagement’ within the Institute for Interactive Systems and Data Science at TU Graz, the position is open for a software developer. Part-time work is also possible.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Deployment of solutions based on open source technologyusing Docker/Kubernetes
- Implementation and deployment of additional services and enhancements to existing open source solutions for HPC (e.g. HT Condor, SGE, Slurm) and Data Management (iRODS)
- Containerization of research applications using Docker and Singularity
- Sharing knowledge and best-practices through technical documentation
Required skills and experience
- First experience in maintaining, developing and documenting software
- Experience working with and contributing to open source software projects of advantage
- Ability to work both independently as well as collaboratively in teams and with end users
- Interest in Software Development and HPC
- Communicating technical needs and issues to non-IT staff
- Fluent English
Desirable skills and experience
- Ongoing or completed studies with a focus on software development
- Experience with software development best practices
- Experience working with and contributing to open source software projects
What we offer
- Access to the latest technologies
- Exciting opportunities for professional and personal development
- Excellent work-life balance (flexible working schedule)
- Dynamic, creative and multi-cultural team
- Informal and stimulating working atmosphere
Job Grading in Accordance with Collective Bargaining Agreement: The gross salary for this position amounts to a minimum of € 2116,60/month, 14x per yearwith higher school certificate or to a minimum of € 2673,10/month, 14x per year)with academic degree. Higher compensation is possible, depending on your qualifications and experience.
To apply, please send your full CV, a covering letter explaining your suitedness for this role as well as any other supporting documents to Graz University of Technology, Graz, Institute for Interactive Systems and Data Science, Inffeldgasse 16c, A-8010 Graz: sarah.stryecknoSpam@tugraz.at, specifying the position. Review of applications will begin as of now and continue until the position is filled.
In case of questions, please contact konrad.langnoSpam@tugraz.at