Sea levels are rising, glaciers are melting, vegetation zones are changing: The impact of human activity on the climate and environment is becoming increasingly obvious. The field of environmental systems sciences allows the examination and study of these effects by combining aspects of diverse technical and scientific disciplines. Thereby, innovative strategies can be found that can be used to positively influence environmental conditions and reduce negative effects.
In the master's degree programme
Environmental System Sciences / Climate Change and Environmental Technology (ESS / CCET), you will improve your knowledge and skills in various areas of environmental systems science, placing a focus on climate change and environmental technology. You learn to recognize and evaluate the effects of human behaviour on the environment and climate and develop appropriate solutions. You develop strategies and measures for environmental and climate protection and channel societal concerns into innovative and sustainable environmental technologies.
- You deepen your knowledge in the fields of climate and climate change, environmental management, environmental and energy technology, as well as systems sciences.
- You deal with geoscientific processes, ecological process design and environmentally relevant technological developments.
- You deepen your understanding of methods of physical and chemical analysis and acquire basic knowledge in programming algorithms.
- You investigate scientific and technological aspects of climate change.
- You learn about sustainable systems and renewable energy.
- You investigate sustainable environmental technologies.
- You learn more about the use of modern environmental technology and how to evaluate expected changes in environmental technology.
- You become familiar with the legal foundations, regulations and controlling in the environmental field.
- You interrelate knowledge from technical and scientific disciplines and use your acquired skills and knowledge responsibly.
- You work on solutions to problems arising at the interface of societal concerns and technical possibilities.
- You gain practical experience by conducting innovative, research-oriented activities in interdisciplinary teams.
Modules of the Degree Programme
- Interdisciplinary Practice
- System Sciences
- Climate and Environment
- Applied Clean Technology
- Ecological Process Design
- Environmental Management and Legal Basics
- REACH (Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and restriction of CHemical substances)