The project OPEVA aims for innovation on aggregating information from the vehicle, not only from the battery but also from other internal sensors and behaviours, to create a model of performance and consumption specific to the individual vehicle and its driver (TD1).
It aims to optimize the individual driving episode using the out-vehicle data such as state of the road, weather, charging station location and occupancy etc. that are collated from the back-end systems (TD2). OPEVA will further address the challenges associated with the communication between the vehicle and the infrastructure to gather data from the back-end systems (TD3). It aims for innovation in the use of recharging stations and related applications (TD4). It further aims to achieve better understanding on what the battery and its constituent cells are really doing during real world use for an improved battery management system (TD5). Finally, TD6 covers the
driver-oriented human factors for optimizing the electrical vehicle usage. The TDs from the most deeply embedded in the vehicle to its support in the cloud, which need to interwork in an optimal fashion to deliver in one decade a better level of systemic optimisation for personal mobility that took ten decades to achieve with fossil fuels. On the other hand, economic factors (N-TD1), legal and ethical aspects (N-TD2), EV related development by the human (N-TD3), and societal and environmental factors (N-TD4) will be taken into
consideration in the OPEVA methods for a higher acceptance and the awareness of the society regarding the these developments.
Ass.Prof. Dipl.-Ing. Dr.techn.
- Österreichische Forschungsförderungsgesellschaft mbH (FFG) , FFG
- European Commission - Europäische Kommission, EU
- NXP Semiconductors Austria GmbH & Co KG
- Vrije Universiteit Brussel
- Západočeská univerzita v Plzni
- Université de Bourgogne
- Università degli Studi di Perugia
- Università degli Studi di Parma
- La Rochelle Université
- Eskişehir Osmangazi Üniversitesi, OGU
- Instituto Superior de Engenharia do Porto, ISEP
- INL - Laboratorio Ibérico Internacional de Nanotecnología
- Virtual Vehicle Research GmbH, VIF