DEWI (dependable embedded wireless infrastructure) envisions to significantly foster Europe’s leading position in embedded wireless systems and smart (mobile) environments such as vehicles, railway cars, airplanes and buildings. These environments comprise wireless sensor networks and wireless applications for citizens and professional users.
Therefore the consortium introduces the concept of a “sensor & communication bubble” featuring:
- locally confined wireless internal and external access
- secure and dependable wireless communication and safe operation
- fast, easy and stress-free access to smart environments
- flexible self-organization, re-configuration, resiliency and adaptability
- open solutions and standards for cross-domain reusability and interoperability
DEWI identifies and implements an integrated dependable communication architecture using wireless technology capable of replacing the traditional heavy wiring between computers / devices / sensors, and therefore makes possible less expensive and more flexible maintenance and re-configuration.
Citizens will gain easier, more comfortable, more transparent and safer access to information provided by the “sensor &communication bubble”. DEWI will provide a platform and toolset containing methods, algorithms, prototypes, and living labs solutions for cross-domain reusability, scalability and open interface standards, and will contribute to the ARTEMIS repository by connecting to other ASP and AIPP initiatives to ensure long-term sustainability and impact towards society.