Our main research questions are:
- To what extent and how do Corona Fictions differ from previous pandemic fictions? Which parts of the meta-narrative are reactivated in Corona Fictions?
- What are main topics of Corona Fictions? Is it the fear of falling ill, of dying or the difficulties of the confinement (isolation, care duties, domestic violence, etc.)?
- What narratological function does the coronavirus adopt?
Further research questions resulting from the main research questions:
- Which conceptual structures, such as metaphors, are used in order to talk about pandemics? Are there different structures in different times and cultures?
- What kind of future scenarios do pandemic literary and cultural productions, specifically pandemic narratives, establish?
- How does the pandemic crisis affect the representation of social groups located on intersections between gender and other categorizations in pandemic narratives?