The overarching objective of OPEN-INNO-Train is to form an international and inter-sectoral network of organisations
collaboratively working on the joint research field of Open Innovation, University-Industry Cooperation and Research
Translation. To facilitate Knowledge Development and Sharing in four contemporary areas - FinTech, Industry 4.0, CleanTech, FoodTech.
For globally interconnected societies, scientific research has the potential to foster yet unrealised economic growth,
competitiveness, and wellbeing. The conversion of research outputs into tangible outcomes, and, ultimately, sustainable
impact is critically important and needs optimising.
The process of converting research findings into economic and social benefits appears increasingly complex at a time when
researchers often work in multidisciplinary teams, in a context of Open Innovation when cooperating with industry and other
stakeholders. Illuminating it from the perspective of Research Translation, an approach increasingly gaining traction in the
specific setting of University-Industry Collaboration, OPEN-INNO-TRAIN aims at opening the black box of knowledge
conversion processes to generate and apply new insights from those four industry areas. Furthermore, OPEN-INNO-TRAIN
encapsulates the development of robust Research Translation tools capable of facilitating the translation process of
multidisciplinary research findings for the generation of impact. Combining scientific excellence from European and
international universities, Research and Technology Organisations with hands on expertise from pioneering companies, OPEN-INNO-TRAIN will spearhead this sustainable venture using digital innovation hubs, co-tutelle, industrial PhDs, PPPs and training measures to encourage international cooperation among researchers and industry practitioners across disciplines whose final aim is to holistically foster, enhance and sustain over time the application of good research translation practices.
Dipl.-Ing. Dr.techn. BSc MBA
- European Commission - Europäische Kommission, EU
- KONČAR - Institut za elektrotehniku d.d.
- FH JOANNEUM Gesellschaft mbH
- Oy Merinova Ab
- Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST)
- Leibniz-Institut für Photonische Technologien e.V., IPHT Jena
- Instituto de Engenharia de Sistemas e Computadores, Tecnologia e Ciência, INESC TEC
- Vaasan Yliopisto
- Universitetet i Agder, UIA
- Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya
- Università degli Studi di Siena
- Technische Universität Hamburg-Harburg, TUHH
- Sveučilište u Zagrebu
- Københavns Universitet
- Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology, RMIT
- TNO - Nederlandse Organisatie voor Toegepast Natuurwetenschappelijk Onderzoek
- Institut polytechnique de Grenoble, INP