Raffaele Riccò graduated in Organic Chemistry (2004) and received his PhD degree in Chemical Sciences (2008) at the University of Padova, Italy, under the supervision of Prof. Michele Maggini. He then worked from 2008 to 2012 as a Senior Researcher in Veneto Nanotech, Venice, Italy. From 2012 to 2015 he moved to Australia as Postdoc at CSIRO (Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization) in Melbourne. He then moved to Graz, Austria, in 2016 and became University Assistant at the Institute of Physical and Theoretical Chemistry of Graz University of Technology, in the group of Prof. Paolo Falcaro.
His research primarily focuses in magnetic nanoparticles, metal organic frameworks (MOFs), magnetic framework composites (MFCs), and MOF patterning. He is currently working at the interface between MOFs, magnetic nanoparticles, and biomacromolecules. Other research interests include: sol-gel preparation of silica nanoparticles, surface functionalization, hollow capsules, carbon nanostructures, conductive polymers, organic synthesis.
- CHE.129 - Calculus of Physical Chemistry I
- CHE.137 - Laboratory of Physical Chemistry I
- CHE.153 - Laboratory of Molecular Analytics and Spectroscopy
5. Ricco Raffaele, Pfeiffer Constance, Sumida Kenji, et al.Emerging applications of metal–organic frameworks. CrystEngComm 2016;18(35):6532–42. https://doi.org/10.1039/C6CE01030J.
4. Ricco Raffaele, Konstas Kristina, Styles Mark J., et al.Lead(II) uptake by aluminium based magnetic framework composites (MFCs) in water. J Mater Chem A 2015;3(39):19822–31. https://doi.org/10.1039/C5TA04154F.
3. Ricco Raffaele, Doherty Cara M., Falcaro Paolo. Evaluation of Coupling Protocols to Bind Beta-Glucosidase on Magnetic Nanoparticles. J Nanosci Nanotechnol 2014;14(9):6565–73. https://doi.org/10.1166/jnn.2014.9353.
2. Ricco Raffaele, Malfatti Luca, Takahashi Masahide, Hill Anita J., Falcaro Paolo. Applications of magnetic metal–organic framework composites. J Mater Chem A 2013;1(42):13033–45. https://doi.org/10.1039/C3TA13140H.
1. Riccò Raffaele, Meneghello Anna, Enrichi Francesco. Signal enhancement in DNA microarray using dye doped silica nanoparticles: Application to Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) detection. Biosens Bioelectron 2011;26(5):2761–5. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bios.2010.10.024.