For the project “Hardware accelerated intelligent medical imaging” the Institute for Computer Graphics and Vision at the Graz University of Technology is seeking to appoint a Postdoc (fixed-term employment for the period of 2 years; position to be filled as of April 1, 2015)
- Ao.Univ.-Prof. Dr.med.univ. Rupert Portugaller, Division of Vascular and Interventional Radiology, Medical University of Graz
- Assoz. Prof. Priv.-Doz. Dr.med.univ. Philipp Stiegler, Division of Transplantation Surgery, Medical University of Graz
- Dr. Ursula Reiter, Division of Pediatric Radiology, Medical University of Graz
The successful candidate will perform world-class research in intelligent real-time medical imaging, image analysis algorithms and medical visualization. Therefore, the candidate is expected to set up and manage a dedicated research group, to attract external funding, and to establish collaboration between medical and scientific sites in Graz as well as on an international level. The postholder will lead the implementation of novel high-performance computing methods for biomedical image analysis and will guide the installation of an appropriate hardware environment at the designated research institute. It is also expected that the researcher is able to contribute to graduate and undergraduate teaching at a high level.
- PhD or doctoral degree in Computer Science
- An outstanding research and publication record in medical image analysis, high-performance computing and medical visualization
- Experience in medical/radiologic workflows and in collaboration with clinicians
- Experience in raising funds on a competitive basis and managing the resulting scientific research projects (desirable)
- Experience in university teaching and supervising students (desirable)
- Research experience at different international research institutions (desirable)
- An excellent international scientific network (desirable) Personal profile
- Communicative and organizational skills
- Ability and interest to work in an interdisciplinary team
The minimum salary as stated in the collective agreement for universities and according to the classification scheme (B1) is EUR 3,483.30 gross/month (Postdoc). Application Deadline: October 21, 2014 Applications must include a detailed CV including a brief statement of past achievements, a list of publications, as well as a cover letter with names of three referees.
- High level of motivation and goal orientation
Find the full PDF of the job offer here.
Applications must be sent by e-mail (pdf, zip) to email@example.com.
Technische Universität Graz
7100 Institut für Maschinelles Sehen und Darstellen Inffeldgasse 16/II
If you have any questions please contact Univ.-Prof. Dipl.-Ing. Dr.techn. Dieter Schmalstieg.
Univ.-Prof. Dipl.-Ing. Dr.techn. Dieter Schmalstieg
Institute for Computer Graphics and Vision, Graz University of Technology
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.orgPhone: 43 (0)316 873 - 5070