Submitting an Application for Nostrification
1. Contact the appropriate person
To receive preliminary information and guidance, please contact the Vice Rector for Academic Affairs:
Assistant to the Vice Rector for Academic Affairs
Tel.: +43 316 873 8552
2. Submit an application
Submit an application for the nostrification of the degree certificate to the Dean’s Office of the respective degree programme.
3. Nostrification procedure
The nostrification procedure will be carried out by the responsible Dean of Studies, and a written notification of the outcome of the procedure will be given. Recognition of equivalence is based on the criteria of the content, scope and requirements of the degree programme in question. If the degree programmes are recognised as being basically equivalent according to these criteria, and only a few achievements are lacking, the applicant may be required to pass individual examinations to fulfil the nostrification requirements. It is not permitted to submit the same application for nostrification at the same time, or after its retraction, to another university.
- Nostrification application request, submitted to the Dean’s Office of the respective degree programme.
- Please note: The application should be clearly marked as a nostrification request. Please indicate the specific domestic academic degree for which you seek equivalence with the degree or degree certificate obtained at the foreign university.
- Proof of the status of the foreign institution of higher education /university, if this is unclear
- Proof of the studies completed at the accredited, foreign, post-secondary educational institution (e.g., curriculum, study guide, proof of examination results, scientific work, etc.)
- Original copy of the award certificate for the academic degree or, if no academic degree was granted, an original copy of the certificate for the proper completion of the degree programme
- Evidence that you need the nostrification of your degree certificate to pursue your profession or continue your education in Austria (e.g., letter of confirmation from the chamber of architects and chartered engineering consultants, the regional board of education etc.)
- Proof of payment of the nostrification fee (€150)
If required, an authorized translation of documents in a foreign language must be provided. Documents in the English language do not need to be translated.
Information from the Federal Ministry of Science, Research and Economy: www.nostrifizierung.at