TU Graz/ Studying and Teaching/ International: Studying and Teaching/ Exchange at TU Graz/

Before Leaving

Information and Advice

Phone: +43 316 873 6422

Tel.: +43 316 873 6426

Phone: +43 316 873 6429

Phone: +43 316 873 6418

Phone: +43 316 873 6425

Changes to the Learning Agreement

Did you attend other courses and exams than listed in your original Learning Agreement? Please ask your home university whether in the end your learning agreement has to exactly match the Transcript of Records. If your home university requires this, you have to ammend your learning agreement.

Most universities require a special form (used for internal purposes) to record changes in the learning agreement. Please ask back at your home university.

When your home university does not need their own form, please download the appropriate form here:

Please complete it duly by filling your name in the headline, and give the number and title of all courses that you either delete or add. Please do only list courses that you want to change. Courses that are not affected by any changes do not have to be listed.

Then, sign it yourself and ask your Departmental Coordinator at TU Graz for signature (in person or by e-mail).

List of Departmental Coordinators at TU Graz

Transcript of Records

TU Graz

To terminate your exchange period, you have to download your Transcript of Records which lists all courses that have been successfully completed at TU Graz.

Please check the exam results in your account in the TUGRAZonline system to see whether all completed courses are already marked with a green checkmark.

When all your exams are graded, you can download your Transcript by clicking the icon Transcripts in your personal desktop. In the first section of the window that opens now, chose the first section with the headline TRANSCRIPT OF RECORDS, check if the language is English, and click the Print button.
This document bears a digital signature on the backside and is valid as an official document to be used for course recognition at your home university.

You have access to your personal account until 31 March for the winter semester and 31 October after the summer semester and full academic year.

Please note:
The transcript of records only lists the courses that you have successfully completed at TU Graz. Failed courses are not included. Also language courses and courses that were taken at one of the other universities in Graz will not appear on this transcript.

Exception for NAWI students:
NAWI students receive a transcript of records that lists all courses that were successfully completed at TU Graz and the University of Graz.

Transcript of Records from the University of Graz

You can print out your transcript of records from the University of Graz (for example, for German courses taken at "treffpunkt sprachen") via your UNIGRAZonline business card. If your university additionally requires the transcript to have an official signature and/or seal, please contact
the Office of Academic Affairs of the University of Graz
Universitätsplatz 3, 1st floor,

Master’s Thesis, Dissertations or Final Projects

If you have worked on your thesis, dissertation, or a project during your stay at TU Graz, you will not receive a transcript of records for this work. However, you can request a confirmation from your supervisor or the institute.

Confirmation of Attendance

Most home universities require a Confirmation of Attendance. Please check whether they require a particular form or will accept the TU Graz form.

The International Office – Welcome Center confirms dates from First Orientation until end of lecture period or your last exam. Travel time cannot be confirmed.

If you have worked on your master’s thesis, dissertation or project during holidays, you will need a confirmation from your supervisor and submit this to the International Office – Welcome Center in order to obtain your Confirmation of Attendance.

Please note that Confirmations of Attendance are only issued in person, up to 3 days before you leave.

De-Registrations and Cancellations

De-Registration with the City of Graz

Before leaving Austria, it is necessary for you to go to the registration office (Meldeamt) with your registration form (Meldezettel) in order to de-register. Address:
Schmiedgasse 26
8011 Graz
Opening hours:
Monday and Wednesday: 7 am to 5 pm
Tuesday, Thursday and Friday: 7 am to 1 pm

De-Registration with the Government of the Federal Province of Styria

If you are a citizen of a country in the European Union, the European Economic Area, or of Switzerland, and you spent more than 3 months in Austria, you need to de-register at the office of the Government of the Federal Province of Styria, as well.   Address:
Referat Aufenthalts- und Sicherheitswesen – Aufenthaltswesen
Amt der Steiermärkischen Landesregierung
Paulustorgasse 4, 8010 Graz
Opening hours:
Monday through Friday from 8 am to 12:30 pm
Tuesday also from 12:30 to 2 pm

Bank Account and Insurance

Bank account: Do not forget to close your bank account. Cancelling your Insurance: If you have filed a personal insurance policy in Graz, please do not forget to cancel this insurance.


We are very interested in a continuous improvement of the information and support for our exchange students. This for, at the end of your stay you will get a link to answer a questionnaire, a small survey about your experience at TU Graz and the orientation and help you got from us. It is designed to help future incoming exchange students to facilitate their stay. So please, contribute by taking some minutes to fill this feed-back form duly, like others did for you before.