Phone: +43 316 873 4922
If you would like to work on part of your Bachelor’s or Master‘s thesis or a research project TU Graz, and your home university is located in the USA, you are eligible to apply for a Marshall Plan Stipendium.
The Austrian Marshall Plan Foundation is a foundation that was established as a result of the Federal Foundation and Fund Act. The MPS program is a scholarship program that provides support for the academic exchange of students from Austria and the USA. Therefore, 1,000 students from the USA and Austria will receive support to study abroad during the period of 2008-2017.
Stipends for 3,000-10,000 euros are granted for stays of at least three months at a higher education institution in the other country, with the expectation that the research is pursued during this period. The exchange program should enable students to return to their homeland after the study period with a ‘broader perspective’ and ‘new respect for different views’.
In order to apply for a Marshall Plan Scholarship at TU Graz, you first need a supervisor at TU Graz. You need a supervisor for your research stay at TU Graz.
With a confirmation of a supervisor, you can apply with the required documents for a Marshall plan Scholarship at TU Graz. Make sure to hand in all documents listed; only completed applications can be processed. The application for the scholarship has to be done online.
You have to send your personal details to the programme coordinator of the Marshall Plan Scholarship at TU Graz, Gerlinde Müller-Reinisch to receive the access data for the application!
More details regarding the programme and the application process can be found in the Fact Sheet.
Each year, there are two deadlines:
ATTENTION: when you need help finding a supervisor at TU Graz, you need to contact the responsible person at TU Graz two months before the application deadline.
For the scholarship you need a supervisor at Graz University of Technology (TU Graz). In a first step you should try to find a supervisor with a rough idea of your research topic/project. The details of your research project should be worked out with your supervisor at TU Graz.
The International Office can assist you in your search for a supervisor. If you need support in finding a supervisor, please contact gerlinde.mueller-reinischnoSpam@tugraz.at within at least 2 months before the application deadline.
In order to apply for a Marshall Plan Scholarship at TU Graz, you first need to register with TU Graz. You have to send following data to gerlinde.mueller-reinischnoSpam@tugraz.at:
After the registration you have to upload the following application documents through the application database (link provided after step 2):
Additional information about the application procedure will be provided after the first registration (step 2).
If you have handed in all application documents, TU Graz will do a ranking and nominate the applicants to the Marshall Plan Foundation.
The Marshall Plan Foundation is responsible for granting the stipends.
Once your grant has been awarded, you will be sent the grant contract by the Marshall Plan Foundation. You must sign the contract and send it back to the Marshall Plan Foundation.
The stipend is paid out in 2 installments. The first installment represents 80% of your stipend, and the second installment, the remaining 20% of the stipend. The first installment will be paid out before your stay, once you have submitted the following documents:
The second installment will be paid after your stay, once you have completed the To Do items listed under After Your Stay.
Find information about your visa, housing, and much more under Preparing for your Stay Abroad.
You need to complete some bureaucratic tasks after you have arrived in Graz. Visit the Welcome Events in order to understand what you must do after your arrival.
To make your stay and life in our beautiful city of Graz and in Austria easier, we have put together some information about the local conditions and tips to improve everyday life: Life in Graz
Within 2 months at most after the end of your stay, you need to hand in documents in order to bring your stay in Graz to a close.
Send the scanned documents via email (as PDF attachments) to Gerlinde Müller-Reinisch.