Experimental research and development is no longer conceivable without the use of computer assisted statistical methods. Applied statistics are needed during experimental design, the modeling and analysis of experiments and the evaluation and critical interpretation of experimental results.
This course builds upon and extends the training received in the Introduction Course. You will gain specialized, practically relevant knowledge of statistical linear models such multiple linear regression and experimental design methods.
- You deepen your knowledge of methods and approaches used in applied statistics.
- You gain more experience using problem-solving tools have been successfully used in contract projects by the Institute of Statistics.
- You gain deeper insights into the ways applied statisticians work.
- You hone your skills working with the statistics programme package R (open source) und and use it to analyze data.
The expert course includes 6 modules:
- Module 1: Exercises from the introduction course
- Module 2: Multiple linear regression I
- Module 3: Multiple linear regression II
- Module 4: Experimental Design I
- Module 5: Experimental Design II
- Module 6: Practical Case Studies – Optimizing a welding process
Upon request, the course content can be customized to fit the needs of your company.
Target Groups and Admission Requirements
Company employees who are working in the areas of product development and the process industry.
Course participants are expected to hold a college or university degree, or are minimally assumed to have a basic knowledge of statistics. In addition, it is recommended to attend the Introduction Course first.