In the University Course Fundamentals in Management, you will acquire a comprehensive overview of goals and tasks required for corporate management and organization, strategic management, as well as a thorough understanding of business administration. This helps you to understand how to carry out common corporate management tasks, especially in technology companies, to evaluate the consequences of carrying out these tasks and to come up with solutions that can be applied in the business practice at the cutting edge between technology and business.
The University Course Fundamentals in Management contains four modules with 5 ECTS each:
- General Management (5 ECTS)
- Strategic Management (5 ECTS)
- Business Administration (5 ECTS)
- Accounting and Finance (5 ECTS)
Target Groups and Admission Requirements
The 20-ECTS University Course Fundamentals in Management provides you with essential management skills that enable you to become effective in technology companies.
The following target groups are specifically addressed:
- Managers at all levels
- Engineers with an interest in strategic, business management and organizational issues related to technological products and services
- Technical employees in managerial positions who want to take personal advantage of juxtapositions between technological innovation and entrepreneurial success.
- Founders who want to successfully turn technology-based business ideas into reality through appropriate strategic positioning and organization.
The university course is particularly suitable for professionals from the following sectors:
- Industry, R&D
- Consulting services
- Trade and logistics
- Energy industry
- Marketing & IT
To apply for this university course, you need to have qualifications specific to the target group, e.g. those of a project manager, quality engineer, business economist and comparable qualifications. Admittance to the course is made by the academic course management based on the qualifications submitted.