The Electric Drives and Machines Institute researches into electric and electromechanical energy converters, power electronics, and the integration of these components into systems, including interactions between individual components.
The project activies cover the analysis, dimensioning and optimization, investigation of different topoligies, as well as problem statements related to the integration of the different components into systems.
Most of the ongoing project are carried out in cooperation with industry.
- Low-cost electric drives for consumer applications – including contributions to series production
- Magnetic material degradation due to different cutting techniques: database, model for electric machine design
- Thermal aspects of electric machine integration
- Large converter-fed generators
- Efficiency optimized control of electric drives, post-fault operation