Introduction of English-language Master’s programmes.
Institute of Chemical Engineering and Environmental Technology was created by merging the Institute of Thermal Process Engineering and Environmental Technology and the Institute of Basics in Chemical Engineering and Plant Engineering.
The three Austrian Universities of Technology, TU Graz, the Vienna University of Technology, and the Montanuniversität Leoben found the association TU Austria.
CD-Lab on Hydrogen and Fuel Cell of the Institute of Chemical Technology of Inorganic Materials became part of the Institute of Thermal Process Engineering and Environmental Technology.
Uni Graz and TU Graz cooperate under the title NAWI Graz.
The Institutes of Chemical Engineering were integrated in the Faculty of Technical Chemistry, Chemical Engineering and Biotechnology.
TU Graz is divided into seven faculties hosting a total of 100 institutes.
Universities are hived off from federal administration and are to receive a global budget which also contains performance conditions (UOG 2002).
The Bologna Process runs its course: bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral programmes.
Institute of Chemical Engineering Fundamentals and Plant Design was established.
Institute of Thermal Process Engineering and Environmental Technology was established.
Technische Hochschule renamed Technische Universität Graz (UOG 1975) with five faculties - Architecture, Civil Eng., Mechanical Eng., Electrical Eng. and Technical and NaturalSciences.
Establishment of the Institute of Process Engineering in the Faculty of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering.
Establishment of three faculties (HOG 1955): Civil Engineering and Architecture, Mechanical and Electrical Engineering, and Natural Sciences.
The first woman to be awarded a doctorate in engineering (H. Katschinka).
The first award of a doctorate in technical science in the monarchy (H. Löschner).
Birth of the Imperial and Royal Technical College in Graz.
Transregional educational establishment Joanneum Regional and Technical College.
Foundation of the Joanneum by Archduke Johann.